-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 pm 

IGNs: FFXI: Lituwotu
FFXIV: Aiden Ren
Quote:
The first steps players take into the world of Eorzea will be wide ones, as Square Enix reveals two September release dates for Final Fantasy XIV on the PC; one for the normal edition, and an earlier one for the lavish collector's edition.

That's right, Final Fantasy XIV for the PC is coming out on September 22 in collector's edition form, and again on September 30 as a standard edition release. Why the discrepancy? Because Square Enix is smart.

Most MMO games these days offer early access in some form or another, and Final Fantasy XIV is no different. Fans that purchase the collector's edition will score a free week of game play. Unlike other MMOs, which make players download the entire game client online in order to participate, Final Fantasy XIV gives its early access players an actual disc. Good on them!

While an eight day head start is more than enough to justify the extra $25 for the collector's edition in many fans' eyes, Square Enix has loaded up the $75 box with exclusive goodies. Here's what's inside:

In-Game Item – Collector's Edition preorders will include a reward code to receive an exclusive in-game item, the Onion Helm.*

Early Access– Play 8 days prior to the release of the Windows PC Standard Edition (timing of access subject to initial server capacity).

Behind the Scenes DVD – Get an insider look at the making of FINAL FANTASY XIV, with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD.

Security Token – A FINAL FANTASY XIV–branded Security Token for use with your regular password.

Travel Journal – Record your travels in this beautifully bound journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art.

Right of Passage – Redeem a voucher to receive your fully-personalized Right of Passage Certificate, each stamped with a unique serial number.

Amano Cover – Special PC Collector's Edition illustration by renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano.

That's a rather nice deal. Plus, everyone who buys either version will of course receive one free month of play, before having to pony up the lower-than-average $12.99 a month subscription fee.

And in case this wasn't enough good news, the beta test for Final Fantasy XIV is scheduled to begin early next month, and next month starts *checks watch* tomorrow.

Both versions of Final Fantasy XIV for the PC are now available for preorder at most major retailers.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5576618/final-fantasy ... ease-dates

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:03 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Thanks for the info Litu.

Thats an awefully ambitious release date. Not a whole lot of warning. I doubt i'll be there opening day. (no computer powerful enough to run it)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:41 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Derzerb wrote:
Thanks for the info Litu.

Thats an awefully ambitious release date. Not a whole lot of warning. I doubt i'll be there opening day. (no computer powerful enough to run it)

From what I've heard, I think the benchmark is a bit bugged or at the very least, just meant to stress your computer. A lot of high-end computers reported having low scores.

Loving the box art, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 pm 

IGNs: FFXI - Borne
Arrgh. :x March 2011 release for PS3 owners. Damn you, SE! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm 

I started saving this week for a new computer thinking it would be a NOV/DEC release date...needless to say I have some serious saving to do...going to be a boring 3 months for me...

I was going to buy it for PS3 first then slowly save for a new PC...but now that's out...

FYI...Intel processors are going to take a price drop August 29th, so if you're going to build a new comp with intel, wait until then...the 950's are going from 529 to 298...huge difference...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:06 pm 

IGNs: FFXI: Lituwotu
FFXIV: Aiden Ren
Anarria wrote:
I started saving this week for a new computer thinking it would be a NOV/DEC release date...needless to say I have some serious saving to do...going to be a boring 3 months for me...

I was going to buy it for PS3 first then slowly save for a new PC...but now that's out...

FYI...Intel processors are going to take a price drop August 29th, so if you're going to build a new comp with intel, wait until then...the 950's are going from 529 to 298...huge difference...

Heres hoping my pc can run it as well, if not i need to upgrade later this year. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:31 pm 

Borne wrote:

where did you read that its coming out next year?

well darn guess its time to build a new computer -_- was hoping the ps3 version would come out closer to the pc release but i guess its not meant to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:08 am 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Renzokukin wrote:
Borne wrote:

well darn guess its time to build a new computer -_- was hoping the ps3 version would come out closer to the pc release but i guess its not meant to be.

Various places across the internet have it as coming March 2011.

Current theory is that it's simply a place holder date until the FFXIV PS3 beta testing commences and wraps up, and that March 2011 is a nebulous "still within the financial year" date given to the press to keep buzz building until they can commit to a finalized time frame. However, should this prove false, I'd imagine they'll probably stand to lose a few potential subscribers upset about the massive head start the PC players would receive.

Still personally on the fence about the game myself...but now you know.

(That kid's gonna take it in the butt one way or the other...)

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 am 
Maiden of many mules

Saw the news on Twitter yesterday :)

I am still annoyed with $3 per alt character (not thinking of those retainers or what they are called) - I think it's completely rip off. Also I am surprised they are releasing it so soon, I wonder if it will hurt the last 2 Abyssea expansions with this news.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:03 pm 

IGNs: FFXI - Borne
Alisah wrote:
Renzokukin wrote:
Borne wrote:

Various places across the internet have it as coming March 2011.

Current theory is that it's simply a place holder date until the FFXIV PS3 beta testing commences and wraps up, and that March 2011 is a nebulous "still within the financial year" date given to the press to keep buzz building until they can commit to a finalized time frame. However, should this prove false, I'd imagine they'll probably stand to lose a few potential subscribers upset about the massive head start the PC players would receive.

Still personally on the fence about the game myself...but now you know.

(That kid's gonna take it in the butt one way or the other...)

Saw it on Kotaku, Joystiq and PlaystationLifestyle. Kind of a drag, though as much as it sucks, I started FFXI the same way. Takes the edge off a bit. Gotta agree with Ethy about the price of additional characters--even knowing I'll cave and get a 2nd or 3rd. 8-)

I'd also just like to point out the ridiculous nature of that video--he's about to give out his address to a stranger and runs out of his house to go and talk to another stranger. He's doomed. lol :lol: