-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:22 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
beat dragon quest 4, last boss was wacked. I wont spoil it but it took like 45 minutes, and was fun, best part of the game. Now I can reload my game and beat an optional dungeon and optional boss, which I guess I will just for completions sake. Only took me 5 months XD

SO that's 3 games beat since 2003 I believe lol. Tales of symphonia, ff12, and dragon quest 4, woo go me! It's nice to beat a game, gives you that really slight high when you take the last boss down. I have to admit though after the credits in dq4 I said to myself 'hmm, well that game kinda sucked' :p Classic rpg, but NES rpgs weren't exactly exciting tales of love and destruction, just 'oh no, there is the lord of the darkness, must kill him.. but need 7 jewels of light hidden in as many boring dungeons as we had time to create'

But onward, final fantasy 3 (jobs to unlock and hidden jewels of light to find im sure) or neverwinter nights2 next, I'm on a game-beating spree. Tried fable II some more, I want to like it, but I just dont so far.. I dont care if some wench will marry me and have kids if I whistle at her 19 times.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:57 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
I liked DQ4. It was simple, but I grew attached to the characters.

Skip FF3 Day, go straight for FFIV. It'll keep your interest a lot more than FF3 will.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I cant, ff3 is the only numbered ff game I havent played (and only one i havent finished along with ffx-2), i gotta put at least 20 hours into it, get my $20 bucks worth. ff2 (origins) was complete crap too but I pushed my way through it just because, I cant imagine 3 is as bad as that game.. where you had no levels, could easily manipulate the exp/power up system, and magic was all but pointless since it did such low dmg.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:45 am 
The Eventress

FF3 isn’t terrible by any means, it's decent, but nothing spectacular that's for sure. I just find the game's age shows heavily in the story and game content.

I never really understood the hate most people have for FFX-2, the battle system was fantastic.

I guess I don't see the problem folks had with the story either. If you gave the game an honest chance, the story is actually very touching, and I'll admit I got a little misty at one particular point, just like at the very end of FFX.

All-in-all, I'd say go for both for completions sake, but you may not be all that impressed with FF3.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:33 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
lalala

me playing an online FPS game, just thought this was funny so I started recording. Game usually doesn't have that many hackers and most of the time they aren't so obvious in using them >_>...doesn't really bother me that much I usually do leave the match if there is a hacker in it but this was my last match for my next promotion and I didn't want desertion points.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:57 pm 
Maiden of many mules

Got my Wii today with the mail, so I have been playing Mario Kart with a Wii Wheel = much fun :)

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:39 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Recently found out about an event in Suikoden, so I've been playing the game just to get it >_>...
Scene below:
Spoiler! :
For anyone that hasn't played the game, Gremio dies. I recently found out that there was a way to resurrect him.
Which basically involves getting all 108 stars before the final battle.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:10 pm 

IGNs: FFXI - Borne
Got Bionic Commando yesterday and beat it today. I love that game, but the ending is kind of interesting. It shares similarities to the movie Soylent Green.
Spoiler! :
It's people. His Bionic arm is made out of people!!

In all seriousness, other than that one point, they aren't similar at all. I just wanted to paraphrase Soylent Green. >:3

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:27 am 

Lol Denruki is that Combat Arms?

A game's online free-ness is proportionate to the amount of haxors.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 pm 
Maiden of many mules

I have been playing some "The Last Remnant" lately, it's pretty decent. The battlesystem is a bit confusing at times and also SE was too lazy to remove the "Xbox keys" on pc version, so I had to look in the manual what keys to use instead for some movements lol.

I have also been playing a little Sims3 which was pretty fun, but the game crashes a lot though -o-; kinda ruins the enjoyment in playing it...

Just ordered Dragon Age Origins for pc today, which I am looking very much forward to and I kinda expect to play it a lot XD

Does the facebook game Castle Age count too? I play that a lot <.<

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next