inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Moblin Merit Maze
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:37 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Alright first off thanks to everyone who joined MMM run tonight, Thanks to it I was finally able to get maze rune 108(Sei also got one....and Kat got a kogglemander, gratz guyz'n'galz) the rune that doubles exp gotten from hoardbox at the end of the maze. So now as I said many moons ago, I'm going to start exp/merit maze runs.

Note: My rune set isn't complete so the exp potential from the maze isn't at it's max yet.

Here's a current list of the tabula/vouchers/runes I have:
Quote:
Tabula:
M01

Vouchers:
01 - STA - 2-3 Groups of monsters to kill.
02 - STB - 4-5 Waves of monsters to kill.
03 - STG - Dungeon crawl - Clear floor of monsters to advance to next floor.
04 - MT - Crafting maze
06 - AT - Stealth Collecting maze
07 - LT - Boss Maze

Runes:
005 - Lizard
013 - Great Warrior
014 - Tiny Warrior
018 - Might
020 - Peon
038 - Conspicuous Behavior
042 - Healing Magic
052 - Monk
054 - Black Mage
056 - Thief
088 - Goldsmith
089 - Leathercrafter
091 - Clothier
093 - Master Chef

094 - Lost and Found
096 - Sure Synthesis
100 - Trial by Velocity
101 - Trial by Budget
102 - Trial by Numbers
103 - Amnesiac's Trial
104 - Trial by silence
106 - Guidance Contract
108 - Conditioning Contract
109 - Sustenance Contract

strikethru numbers are runes that can't be used for the current voucher I'm going to use.

Now for the maze itself for now the setup will be:
Code:
Maze Tabula M01
Maze Voucher 01
Runes:
005 - Lizard
014 - Tiny Warrior
018 - Might
102 - Trial by Numbers
108 - Conditioning Contract

Did someone say dunes pt?
Maze will be 3 groups of Lizard-type mobs
some known groupings can be
* Bugards x6
* Efts x8
* Lizards x10
* Raptors x8
* Wivre x4
hopefully with Tiny warrior it will only be efts and lizards....maybe raptors/bugards, but wivre are defiantly large mobs so don't have to worry about those....hopefully...anyways the only rune for mob type I have now is lizard and I'm only using this to hopefully prevent elementals in the maze, I can buy other runes for other mob-types at a later time. With the setup right now I guesstimate hoardbox exp will reward around 4-5k maybe along with exp from defeated mobs, I'm just missing a rune for a setup that nearly clones the screenshot one giving 9745exp. The rune I'm missing for that setup is 017 - Supreme Might which can only be obtained from the hoardbox after clearing a maze, After that there will be some space for 1-2 more runes, might either leave blank or fit something in there.

Now then this isn't restricted to lv75s, I'm willing to try it level synced any level 10-75. Up to 30mins(per maze) a day of killing mobs for some exp on any job is fine with me and more if I set up a copy of my maze and other members wanna buy and use it, this also breaks the 6 member restriction, can possibly rotate peeps as they use maze copies and what not. Any traditional party setup should be able to clear it and I'm willing to offer any of my jobs to fill spots. So anyone who is even remotely interested sign up!

side note: I plan to use my maze every day once enough people are interested.

Interested peeps:
Denruki - Jobs: 75SAM NIN RDM, 73THF, assortment of 37s, more jobs etc. lowest job level is 17SCH

Post subject: Re: Moblin Merit Maze
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:30 am 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
Denruki wrote:
and Kat got a kogglemander

wow... grats... ε=(~Д~;) been doing it for months with no luck but lol damn you random number generators!

sounds fun, I have all of the runes plus supreme might that are listed there, but I'm still working on the dagger and sword drops

if the copy mazes work without having those runes... I could set one up and you guys could use the copy until you get the runes yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 am 
The Eventress

Seig and I still have copies of the maze it drops in so we can run it for ya^^

On a side note, reading on the wiki about this guy says that the harder you make him, the higher the chance at dropping. He was pretty damn hard on these runs, so maybe the peon rune is flooring drop rates?

Anyway, let me know when you want to go sometime, we've still got 8 charges combined on this rune set up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 pm 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
Katsuko wrote:
On a side note, reading on the wiki about this guy says that the harder you make him, the higher the chance at dropping. He was pretty damn hard on these runs, so maybe the peon rune is flooring drop rates?

yeah, I know but getting a lot of people interested in these mazes is the hardest part so we've been doing a trio or duo for the longest time and we where forced to weaken the bosses. (these bosses scale up fast so yeah... we've had some failed runs on tougher bosses with might runes) even with peon the bosses hit like a truck >.<

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 am 
The Eventress

Indeed, this boss was hitting soooo damn hard.

Honestly though, aside from the hate problems (the DDs were doing single digit damage because of it's high def) he wasn't too hard. It's just a long fight and have to wittle him down slowly.

Seig was talking about going back this Saturday night, hope you can make it! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:13 am 

IGNs: Main: Jiulian
Mules: Classified!
Denruki wrote:
and Kat got a kogglemander

O.o been trying since long time bk to get that f****r. What runes did u use? Sup. Might and Might? We only tried with normal and weak(peon) bosses, cause we heard we need blm's to beat that might one <.<.

I guess im interested in that xp/merit MMM pt but i understand if u dont want me in as im EU

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:28 am 
The Eventress

Yea I'm almost positive it had Might and Supreme Might on, I have the rune listing at home, I'll post it tonight!