-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What should we do regarding Proto-Omega?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:30 am
Use our chips now! 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Save chips until we have 2~3 sets. 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Save chip sets until new people join limbus. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Proto-Omega Poll
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:30 am 
The Eventress

Hello All, I'm just trying to get an idea of the general consensus as to the use of our current Omega chip set.

Please vote! :)

Post subject: Re: Proto-Omega Poll
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Practice makes perfect. I voted for save up for 2-3 sets. My theory is, a well trained group of 10-12 is far superior than a cluster FACK of 18 in normal limbus linkshells. How many people did we have last time? Not a full alliance, and all things considered, I think we did well. Most of us went in there with absolutely no idea of what to expect and no experience.

That being said, now that we DO have more experience and a better idea of what to expect, I think we'll do even better. Even with less people. It's not about throwing bodies at a mob, it's about skillfully approaching the mob and using a good strategy and KNOWING what you are doing (and not making stupid mistakes) that kills a mob and shows your true talent as a Linkshell.

Practice makes perfect :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I promise not to die this time.

But really, I generally agree with what Arynel suggested. I feel we could pull off a win this second time around without consigning to practice runs--but considering how luck is a large factor, and how the numbers are against us, it may be best just to wait until we gain more members. With Proto-Omega, I believe more numbers doesn't necessarily mean a greater chance at winning, but just a larger safety net--which, I suppose, translates out to a greater chance of winning. But you know what I mean.

However, if we rely on new members to join our Limbus runs--I don't think that would be the best course of action. No offense meant, obviously, but DH's doggedly loyal base is matched with slow growth at the moment: I believe we're too insulated. I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries by suggesting that we "publicize" certain events, such as posting on Bismarck forums or shouting for certain events. I know that could lead to some problems (attracting the wrong kind of guests; sacrificing extra time and expenses in an effort to attract new members, but losing them anyways; removing some of the exclusiveness of DH events, etc.), though perhaps that's a risk we should take. I'm totally content with DH the way it is, but I feel we would benefit more from having some new blood in the shell.

Sorry for the digression--at any rate, I'm leaning towards the first two options. I want to let things sink in and simmer for a bit before I place a vote.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:52 pm 
The Eventress

I've been searching for the right words to explain my thoughts on the situation and I'm not sure that I've found them even now, but I'll try. ;)

The one difficulty when trying to run "end game" style events in a social linkshell, is that because you don't recruit like an "end game" linkshell, you may not always have the right jobs you need for the task at hand. That being said, I don't mean to say that we haven't done a hell of a job so far given the limited job versatility that we have, we certainly have!

In my eyes, the problem has never been numbers, or skill. One thing I've always been pleasantly surprised with is that despite being a social linkshell, the core group of the linkshell (at least the ones that I’ve had the pleasure of doing events with), have been very skilled in their respective trades.

The only challenge that I really see us having as a linkshell (in my opinion) is job versatility. This is a tricky one because not everyone wants to level another job, or even likes any other job(s). Other folks have jobs leveled, but they may not want to play them for one reason or another. Because of this, others tend to have to come on certain jobs near indefinitely in order to get certain tasks completed.

The obvious question that is brought up is "Well what do we do about it then?". There really are only two solutions that come to my mind immediately, neither of which are really plausible for a social linkshell.

The first would be to have people from within the shell actively level alternative jobs, most "end game" shells require 1 mage, and 1 melee or tank, but nobody really has the right to request this of anyone, so unless folks feel like doing this of their own will, this option is out.

The second would be to do recruitment for only certain jobs, however, as we are a social linkshell, can we really say "No, I'm sorry, we only need White Mages." when just about anyone is welcome into the shell, and Limbus is an open event?

Not to mention this second option makes me personally uneasy, as I've seen many linkshells go downhill after opening the flood gates, and honestly, having seen the attitudes of some in the end game scene, some people will salivate at the thought of an easy going social linkshell that does end game style events, thinking that they can "loot-and-scoot" or worse. When "end game" gear gets involved, all the tools come out to play.

Anyway, I know I haven't really offered a solution here, but I thought I would offer my thoughts as well, in order to get this discussion ramped up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:29 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Okay, you level 75's time to level a complementary job.
please?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:15 pm 

Katsuko wrote:
Derzerb wrote:
please?

Say what? :shock:

Can we make Katsuko level PUP?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 pm 
The Eventress

Aidran wrote:
Katsuko wrote:
Derzerb wrote:
please?

I had a blonde moment and went to delete my post but I see you're too quick for that! :lol:

and for the record... lolpup

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:28 pm 

Katsuko wrote:
Aidran wrote:
Katsuko wrote:

I had a blonde moment and went to delete my post but I see you're too quick for that! :lol:

and for the record... lolpup

*gets all giggly*

[/off topic]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:13 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Derzerb wrote:
please?

K time to level brd even tho I already have COR leveled!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:17 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Derz needs more job versatility, Blm gooo

i have a melee, mage and tank job >_> i just don't play them lawl.....