-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:25 am 
The Eventress

Quote:
The upcoming April version update will boast a wealth of adjustments and additions to a selection of jobs. Today, it is our pleasure to outline the benefits that this will bestow upon white mages—the altruists of Vana'diel.

Job Abilities
Two complementary new job abilities are scheduled to be added, with ability delay set low for both so that white mages can optimize their usage for the ever-changing tactical needs of the battlefield.

- Afflatus Solace
(Lv40 Ability Delay: 1 min. Duration: 2 hrs.)
Inspires you to draw strength from the healing spells you cast.

While Afflatus Solace is activated, the amount of HP you restore via Cure spells and the job abilities Benediction and Martyr will be recorded up to a limit determined by your character's level.
This accumulated amount will determine the bonus value granted to specific spells.

- Afflatus Misery
(Lv40 Ability Delay: 1 min. Duration: 2 hrs.)
Inspires you to draw strength from the damage you take.

While Afflatus Misery is activated, the most recent damage you sustain will be recorded up to a limit determined by your character's level. This damage amount will determine the bonus value granted to specific spells. Unlike Afflatus Solace, it is non-accumulative and overwriting.

*Notes
The effects of both Afflatus Solace and Afflatus Misery are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
Using either Afflatus Solace or Afflatus Misery when the same ability is already activated will reset all recorded values up to that point.

Magic
The introduction of the above job abilities will see a number of changes made to existing spells, with new spells set to make an appearance in Vana'diel for the first time.

- Sacrifice (Lv65)
Transfers one enfeebling effect from target to yourself.
Casting Sacrifice while Afflatus Solace is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects transferred.

- Cure / Cure II / Cure III / Cure IV / Cure V
Casting the above Cure spells while Afflatus Solace is activated grants the target the effect of Stoneskin for a short duration.
The Stoneskin effect attained via this method is not stackable with and will not overwrite the white magic spell "Stoneskin" or Blood Pact: Ward ability "Earthen Ward."

- Elemental Resistance Spells
Casting Bar- type spells while Afflatus Solace is activated grants an additional defense bonus to the associated element.

- Holy
Casting Holy while Afflatus Solace is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the amount of HP you restore. The record of accumulated HP is reset upon use.

- Cura (Lv40)
Restores HP for party members within area of effect.
Casting Cura while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the most recent damage you sustain.
The record of damage taken is reset upon use.

- Esuna (Lv61)
Removes one enfeebling effect from yourself and party members within area of effect.
Casting Esuna while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects removed.

- Auspice (Lv55)
Reduces TP dealt when striking an enemy for party members within area of effect.
When cast upon a white mage for whom Afflatus Misery is activated, Auspice also adds light damage to initial attacks and bestows an accuracy bonus when target is missed.

- Banish / Banish II / Banish III / Banishga / Banishga II
Casting the above Banish spells while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the most recent damage you sustain.
The record of damage taken is reset upon use.

Other Changes
In addition to the abovementioned adjustments and additions, the following changes will also take place:

- White magic "Banish II": Slight increase to magic accuracy. Casting time shortened from 3.75 to 2.5 seconds.
- White magic "Banish III": Slight increase to magic accuracy. Casting time shortened from 5.5 to 3 seconds.
- White magic "Banishga II": Slight increase to magic accuracy.
- White magic "Raise II": MP consumption reduced from 200 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 14 seconds.
- White magic "Raise III": MP consumption reduced from 250 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 13 seconds.
- White magic "Reraise": Learning requirement reduced from Lv33 to Lv25 for WHM, and Lv40 to Lv35 for SCH.
- White magic "Reraise II": Learning requirement reduced from Lv60 to Lv56 for WHM, and Lv75 to Lv70 for SCH. MP consumption reduced from 175 to 150. Casting time shortened from 8 to 7.5 seconds.
- White magic "Reraise III": Learning requirement reduced from Lv75 to Lv70 for WHM. MP consumption reduced from 200 to 150. Casting time shortened from 8 to 7 seconds.
- Job ability "Martyr": Ability range increased to be equivalent to Cure spells.

That concludes the list of changes scheduled for the white mage job in the upcoming version update. Other jobs set to receive fine-tuning will be introduced in the very near future, so keep watching this space!

Holy Shit.. SE is fixing WHM! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:22 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
......wha? I didn't understand that at all. AT ALL. WHM sounds like it's gonna play COMPLETELY differently now....Almost like it's a brand new job.....It's like WHM^2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Whm is the new bandwagon job....somehow it's making me want to hop on it...seriously the Afflatus Solace/Afflatus Misery are like hasso/seigan to me >_>..all raise spells mp cost down to 150 now and reduced cast times, reraise1 is lv 25 zomg. The additional effect: Stoneskin on cures seems interesting but since it doesn't overwrite the other stoneskins it seems like its gonna be a weaker ver of stoneskin also i wanna know it's proc rate and the "short duration" seems fine since cures are used alot, And Whm is the only job that gets Enlight(as a spell...other jobs can have enlight via items), I could comment on other new stuff but general jist, Hory sshii. Now we wait for someone to ask where's the rdm update.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:37 am 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
Nice... Will other jobs see some improvements as well?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am 
Maiden of many mules

Would be fun to level whm from level 10 again, and more fun maybe...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:19 am 

Wow..
That makes whm look fun to play.

If the RDM update exists, if it's even half as awesome as this, well, I need to take some wait mate (tm) until the update is here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I was thinking about making WHM my next 75...

but I think I'll hold off until the April update. Might as well ding into that fancy stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:34 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Ethy wrote:

Vetoed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 am 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Ethy wrote:

That thump sound you heard was from Ethy fainting over this update.

Those moaning sounds after?? Better she explain them than I...

Also, notice there's a Galka pictured during "Sacrifice". :twisted:

WHM = Bandwagon?? What, is it 2003 all over again??

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Obviously that's a picture of a taru white mage sacrificing himself for a galka whm.

/waits for the Deedlitchan rant