-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Special Event: Omega #1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm 
The Eventress

If today's run is a success, we will be doing Omega on Saturday. To celebrate, we will be having special 1 time only point values for his drops.

Stay tuned for more to come.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 am 
The Eventress

Well we did it, last night we completed our first Omega popset.

As a celebratory thank you to all who have attended this far, and made Limbus as success, we auto doubled the points earned on last nights run. We will do this only once more, and it will happen on the day we complete our first Ultima set.

We've scheduled Omega for this Saturday, however you'll note that no one in the shell has enough points to lot Homam based on their current values. So, for the first Omega (and the eventual first Ultima) we fight, we will be doing a special half point event. In addition, we will be removing the "Buy In" cost associated with lotting for this run.

This means that someone with 10 points could lot the Homam Helm, as they do not have to pay for "Buy In" and 10 pts covers half of the original item cost.

Standard point gains apply to all members attending, and not lotting.

For the day of the event, please have your seacom set up as follows:

Member (75JOB/37JOB)
Buy In, Homam Body, 15pts
75 THF (<- The job you are lotting for**)

**Please ensure you have an applicable job that can equip the piece to avoid confusion

We will go over the strategy on the day of the event, but please feel free to have a look at the wiki or some videos to familiarize yourself with the fight. If you are looking to make plans for after the event, please be prepared for Omega to take up to an additional 30 or so minutes.

Let us know if you have any questions!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:48 pm 

Dependent on turnout I hope. I don't think it's worth risking the popset with less than 15 people.
I should be able to make it, but it's going to be tight if we don't start on time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:59 pm 
The Eventress

We've only had 17 people attend total, over the 4 runs, so I think adding in the stipulation that we have to have at least 15 for the run or its cancelled is a little unrealistic. Especially considering it can be taken out with 12 or less people in most situations.

All 3 of the run leaders have fought Omega before, so we have a good idea of what kind of a workable set up we would need, so if we are lacking the proper people/jobs, of course it will be postponed, I would hate to loose a pop set as well, but I doubt it will be put on hold if 1-3 people of the 17 don't show.

Anywho, concern is noted!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:43 pm 

and your confidence is noted as well :D
The other group I've gone with before to do Ultima/Omega was a capable group on a whole, but was reluctant to go with less than 17 people, so I guess I figured that was the accepted expectation to be able to clear it, unless you were sporting relic weapons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:29 am 
The Eventress

Oh well Ultima I definitely can understand, he's in a whole other league compared to Omega from what I've experienced. Omega isn't as bad as he's made out to be imo, folks just need to know what to expect. His attacks are gimmicky, and once you're used to him they can easily be avoided... Ultima on the other hand.. :evil:

In the past I've done Omega with as few as 12-14 people, and the last few runs I did with them, we were almost to the point of being able to farm chips from the Gunpods with those numbers.

I'm expecting this first run to be extremely rocky, perhaps we might even loose. I lost my first run with the previously mentioned Omega group as well, but once we get our feet wet things can only get easier from there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:50 pm 

IGNs: Main: Jiulian
Mules: Classified!
sux i cant go on Tuesdays as it's too late for me, but ill be helping on Omega as i got too few points to lot anything

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:34 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
:lol: was fun!