-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Games worth playing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:09 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
I have been playing a pretty fun FPS mmo type game called Planetside 2. If you are into that sort of stuff its a worth while download. I'm a medic (So I'm constantly being spammed with "Can I get a medic!?" on the battlefield.), Ethy would be proud. Free to Play/download model. Go Terrans!
wikipedia wrote:
PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first person shooter (MMOFPS) published by Sony Online Entertainment and released on November 20, 2012. It is the sequel to PlanetSide which originally released in 2003. Officially announced on July 7, 2011 at the Sony Fan Fair, the second installment uses a brand new game engine and supports hundreds of players in continuous large scale conflict.[2] As in the first PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2 chronicles the efforts of three factions as they fight for territorial control of the planet Auraxis.

Post subject: Re: Games worth playing
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:14 am 

IGNs: Xiayren = main char (Sam58)
Commilito = sub char (Whm53)

Mules:
Tokamaru
Homegrown
Bleedinghorizon
Thanks, this is cool, always wanted to check it out, but never got around to it, wonder if my dated gaming pc could even handle it :s I'll hit you up if I actually get anywhere with it. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Always thought the planetside games were subscription based so i never looked into it. Might see me ingame now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

And I thought you were playing Minecraft all this time, Derzerb...

I had some trouble getting into PS2. I played Battlefield 3 quite a bit beforehand so I was always comparing PS2 to it, maybe that was my downfall. APB: Reloaded is another game that is... well, rather broken and ridiculous, but really entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:59 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Aidran wrote:

I had some trouble getting into PS2. I played Battlefield 3 quite a bit beforehand so I was always comparing PS2 to it, maybe that was my downfall. APB: Reloaded is another game that is... well, rather broken and ridiculous, but really entertaining.

Well, what can I say... As Daymos can attest to, you need to be made out of the right stuff to be a virtual marine. :?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 am 

Derzerb wrote:
Aidran wrote:

Well, what can I say... As Daymos can attest to, you need to be made out of the right stuff to be a virtual marine. :?

New Conglomerate, broski.

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I never cared for 3d shooting games. Shooting left to right in contra or gradius was great, but fps, no thanks. No virtual marine here, and no internet to play online anyways.

I'll always prefer swords and armor, even if its real time combat. I managed to chip my way through Dark Souls a couple of months ago, no where near as hard as the internet says it is.. at least not when you start leveling and upgrading like you're playing FFXI :p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 am 

Daymon wrote:
I'll always prefer swords and armor, even if its real time combat. I managed to chip my way through Dark Souls a couple of months ago, no where near as hard as the internet says it is.. at least not when you start leveling and upgrading like you're playing FFXI :p

Do you play with a controller? I've been really thinking about buying it on PC, but I don't want to pay for a controller I'd use for one game.

But I can totally see how gear crunching in XI would prepare you for... just about any kind of game with RPG elements.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Aidran wrote:
Daymon wrote:

Do you play with a controller? I've been really thinking about buying it on PC, but I don't want to pay for a controller I'd use for one game.

But I can totally see how gear crunching in XI would prepare you for... just about any kind of game with RPG elements.

No Xbox or PS3? could always hook one of those controllers up to a pc with some drivers. If not just rebind the entire layout to your liking. I like using full keyboard controls...just like XI.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm 

Denruki wrote:
No Xbox or PS3? could always hook one of those controllers up to a pc with some drivers. If not just rebind the entire layout to your liking. I like using full keyboard controls...just like XI.

Nah, no consoles, but that's actually a really good idea... I haven't moved with my arrow keys since XI.

Alright, next sale I'm totally jumping on it.