-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pet Destruction
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:59 am 

IGNs: Athan: Lvl 45 RDM, 30 BST, 30 THF, 22 BLU, 16 MNK, 11 BLM, 4 NIN, 13 WHM

Silvestri: 15 MNK. Lvl 37 Cooking. Lvl 5 Fishing.
I was thinking it would be fun to have a pet-only static for exping or BCNMs or anything else. My Bst right now is lvl 30.

My best times are weekends anytime. I could probably stretch a Tuesday night (EST.)

I know there are a lot of things going on. But think about it. ;)

Post subject: Re: Pet Destruction
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:38 pm 

IGNs: Main: Pimo
Mule: Happyslave
36 BST here. Depending on the timing, I'd be down for it.

Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's going to start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm bein' paid. Especially when I'm bein' paid. But eating people alive... when does that get fun?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Sounds interesting :D

75bst and 33rdm/bst for me. /bst has been my little pet-project off and on for well over a year though ive never got it working to my satisfaction. The problem of course is no /leave until 70, so you're left with a 1/2 dead pet at the end of a kill with the options of either waiting till it uncharms (too slow) or sending it in to fight another mob where you'll be left with a partially damaged foe that you have to solo or dangerously charm a new mob (possibly failing and dying, or at least wasting time and hp). My top 2 choices for it are rdm and blu, though nin, brd, or corsair may work too.

edit-
for options within this bcnm20 (bats) is cake with 2 (or more) bsts, Ive done it with derz many times with nothing more than 2 pineapple juice each.. only ever seeing 1 astral ring. Other than that there's under observation at 40 (3man of course) which would be fun.

Would be great to put together 6 bst/pup/smn though and mess around as a full pt!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:24 pm 

Yes, a BCNM would be a ton of fun with all pet jobs.

I was hoping we could get six or more people, but we could start a three person party and when we brag about how awesome it is, then the jealousy will start and more people will join. 8-)

I might even unlock Smn :shock:

How funny it would be to watch an army of carbys, crabs, and puppets kill kill kill.

Excuse me, I mean, "incapacitate."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:11 pm 

Blu is pretty awesome for /bst. You have bst at 75, so keeping mobs shouldn't be a problem. Blu gives tons of Chr bonuses for it's first spells. In addition to charm gear and food, that's a lot of love. Low level Blu spells are useful as well; Sprout Smack is a cheap Slow spell. Cocoon boosts defense by 50% (they say.) Pollen, if blu magic is capped, can quickly cap at 30 hp. And of course, Head Butt. Still Blue Magic can cause quick hate, so it's best to be careful with it. Also, when learning Blu spells, you won't always need help as a mob can take the damage for you while you wait for the tp move.

Yes, Blu can be annoying. Some spells a mob never uses like the MP move for leeches. Leeches have so many damn TP moves, it takes some time to have it come up and pray you have a high enough Blu Magic level so you won't have to wait for it again. You can learn a move 10 levels before you can equip it, but you might waste time that way as even with Blue Magic capped you might still have trouble learning the spell. Also some spells are gimped compared to the real thing. Like Blood Drain or MP Drainkiss, I heard they don't hit as high as Drain or Aspir. Metallic Body is useful, but it doesn't compare to real Stoneskin. But then again all these factors might depend on having higher Blue Magic, as some spells rely only on Blue Magic while others depends on a combination Str, Mnd, Int, Dex, and Chr. Blu also doesn't have natural passive abilities, so if you want them you have to get the spells. It's sorta of an extra step for the job. Blu has the same stats as Rdm, so comparing the two is nothing amazing, just depends on your playing style.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:50 pm 

IGNs: Main: Pimo
Mule: Happyslave
Just to note, my SMN is 33 as well, though I lack Fenrir and Diabolos.

Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's going to start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm bein' paid. Especially when I'm bein' paid. But eating people alive... when does that get fun?