-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Finally, I can remove the slash throughs. Also, the specified time is just a placeholder until we can nail the time down (see the bottom of this post).

Requirements for the Swift Belt run:
  • A Fomor Codex, which only drops from Tauri in Phomiuna Aqueducts and the Sacrarium
  • Sufficient "Fomor Hate"; it has been suggested that killing the Fomor in Misareaux Coast for the entire night (about 20 minutes) is enough to build Fomor Hate to the highest level, though I can't verify this
  • Sacrarium access; PM4-3 or higher
  • Preferably level appropriate (50) gear and food

Trading a Fomor Codex the Stale Draft will spawn a Fomor NM corresponding to your race. The Hume and Galka NMs seem to be the easiest.

Here is a "Swift Belt Guide", which provides some information on how and where to farm a Codex, and where to build hate.

---

Our latest "Panties & Codices" run only yielded about three subligars (none of which were in demand), and one Fomor Codex. The drop rate is horrid down there. Regardless, thank you to everyone who showed up, and to those who joined just to help; I'm sorry we didn't get everyone their subligar or codex.

At any rate, I would like to follow this event up with a Swift Belt run on February 28th. That's around two weeks to farm or buy a Codex; shouting in Whitegate, and browsing bazaars in Whitegate and Rolanberry Fields will get you one quickly. Be aware that the Swift Belt is NOT a 100% drop. Nice, huh? It seems to drop a large amount of the time, though.

Generally, from what I've read, a single party with two tanks is enough to handle each NM. However, it would be nice if some Humes and Galkas could volunteer their time; some races have significantly more difficult versions. The Tarutaru version has Astral Flow, which, even though it was nerfed, is still very dangerous, unless we have people standing a distance away to pick up the mess while the main party wipes; Elvaan have a Double/Triple Attacking Thief, and Mithra have a Red Mage. Depending on our numbers and jobs, hopefully we won't have to rely on others to pop the easier NMs.

I will be adding this to the calendar shortly. I'll specify a time as we near the deadline. Please communicate and let me know what time would be best; the sooner you tell me before the deadline, the better chance we have at working out a better time for everyone. This will likely take place a few hours before Limbus, so we have ample time to kill each NM for everyone without stressing ourselves.

Last edited by Aidran on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 pm 

Bumpity bump.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:30 am 

IGNs: Main: Jiulian
Mules: Classified!
I'll help if im available ^^

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:11 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
"At any rate, I would like to follow this event up with a Swift Belt run on March 1st"
so we are farming saturday and doing the swift belt run sunday? March 1st is also DM day

I'll come if it doesnt conflict with DM and can find a cheap(er) codex to buy, farming would be ok but I doubt we'd find one for everyone who required it within any bareable length of time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:59 am 

Daymon wrote:
"At any rate, I would like to follow this event up with a Swift Belt run on March 1st"
so we are farming saturday and doing the swift belt run sunday? March 1st is also DM day

I'll come if it doesnt conflict with DM and can find a cheap(er) codex to buy, farming would be ok but I doubt we'd find one for everyone who required it within any bareable length of time.

Sorry, it's scheduled for February 28th. I only edited the subject line to reflect this. It's officially Saturday, February 28th, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:46 pm 

I was expecting some more hits! If you guys need a loan for a Codex, let me know, please. You can usually find them in Bazaars for 90k, but 50k is an uncommon sight, and anything below that is a steal.

Does the early morning work for you guys? 11-12AM EST? We're going to be packing both AU missions and Limbus that day, so it'll be pretty tight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 pm 

anytime saturday works for me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:45 am 

Looks like you need to kill about 40 fomors to aquire enough hate to spawn the mob, level 50 cap. Listed with an evil 37.7% droprate. Looks like im useful as bst by charming an it/vt slime for 30minutes.

I think im going to 'aquire' myself a codex through some secret beastmaster techiques (aka massive exp loss and beer consumption).. will buy though if it gets to be next thursday or so and i still havent got

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:25 am 

IGNs: Main: Jiulian
Mules: Classified!
I cant attend :( Nyzul static is noon EST

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:36 am 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
Jiulian wrote:
I cant attend :( Nyzul static is noon EST

thanks for reminding me ; ;

I think I signed this before our static though :P