-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:00 pm 
The Eventress

Thought this was a neat idea for a thread.

Here we can chat about whatever other games we're playing, aside from FFXI!

At the moment I'm still on a Star Ocean kick, playing through Star Ocean: Second Evolution on my PSP, and Star Ocean: The Last Hope on 360!

What about you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm 

WoW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:22 pm 
Maiden of many mules

A little WoW as well
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Pristontale 2
Age of Empires 3

Whenever I feel sick of dealing with ff11 those are the games I will play instead :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:03 pm 

Ethy,

Other games can be a great comfort when things don't seem to work well in the others. Heck, look at Borne...

Stares at Borne...

lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 pm 

IGNs: FFXI - Borne
Zoelle wrote:
Ethy,

Other games can be a great comfort when things don't seem to work well in the others. Heck, look at Borne...

Stares at Borne...

lol

lolwut? Kind of sad that when I'm on FFXI, I'm usually playing something else. Can't keep my attention focused on FFXI nowadays.. OT, I usually play SF4, GTA4, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 pm 

lolwut!!! You know what. Don't make me quote a movie mister!!!! <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 pm 

IGNs: Athan: Lvl 45 RDM, 30 BST, 30 THF, 22 BLU, 16 MNK, 11 BLM, 4 NIN, 13 WHM

Silvestri: 15 MNK. Lvl 37 Cooking. Lvl 5 Fishing.
If I ever was to hack roms....

I would make a hybrid Final Fantasy Tactics and FFXI.

But I guessing all the things I'm dreaming of wouldn't be possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:35 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I'm trying to get through dragon quest 4 atm, though my interest in it is sort of fading. I like the monsters and the challenge but the simplness of the gameplay and story are getting to me after 35 hours. It also doesnt help that I have ff3/4, chrono trigger, or DQ5 sitting there waiting to be played on DS as soon as I get dq4 done and over with.

Aside from that I keep going back to final fantasy 12. I got the durandel sword (best 1 hand sword) after about 6 hours of collecting rare items for it, and picking away at the rest of the 'endgame' stuff, the game amazes me with it's extras (100hrs my first playthrough, now at 175hrs my 2nd play through). Also thinking about yet a third playthrough of the story >.> I read about final fantasy 13 and it's 'action rpg' battle system and it saddens me a bit, maybe it'll be great, but I can't help but assume FF is following the trend of giving rpgs more fast paced action.. I like SLOW battle systems (hate that thing in ffx-2, loved the system in ffX) . Course I dont even know what a 'next generation' rpg really is yet as I havent really found one worth playing in years, aside from handhelds but they're sort of from the playstation generation. Maybe i'll try lost odyssey or star ocean..

As far as the new consoles go ps3 and xbox360 make me sad, my kid plays fable2 a little on xbox360 and generally doesnt have any problem with the enemies (so easy a 5 yr old can do it?).. other than that the 360 doesnt go on.

Oh and then there's my kid and his zelda fetish, I've 'helped' (essentially done all of the dungeons) with nearly all of the wind waker now, nearly to ganon.. I so hate zelda games now :p He's so into it though, runs around outside with his cardboard sword lifting up stones looking for ruppees.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 am 
The Eventress

Daymon wrote:
He's so into it though, runs around outside with his cardboard sword lifting up stones looking for ruppees.

I laughed harder at that than I probably should have.. :lol:

I'm glad you're enjoying your break though, I know all too well about needing one of those every so often.

We miss you Day, I hope we see you back in XI sometime!

(P.S. Star Ocean 4 is wicked fun, dooo eeet!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
well... these past couples days I've been studying and playing Fire Emblem for the Wii on the hardest difficulty on breaks... not sure if it's the best thing to do on breaks though lol (almost broke the controller a few times already...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next