-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
yay ffiv, I was looking at the manual for that, looks great, cant wait :p I can't allow myself to play it till I finish dragon quest4 though, I have a serious problem with finishing games, 50 hours into dq4, must be almost done.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 am 
The Eventress

Daymon wrote:
I have a serious problem with finishing games

As I get older this is more and more the case for me as well.

FFXI consumes so much of my spare time that when I do finally play a console game, and pass the "climax" of the story, I tend to loose interest fast. RPGs these days just don't suck me in all the way to the end like their classic counterparts, maybe games are changing, or perhaps my tastes are.

Though one thing I am noticing a trend with these days, is that newer RPG games have their stories climax before the actual final dungeon/confrontation. Then afterward, it just seems like "now just play to finish the game".

I personally play console games entirely for the story, so once I've seen the big dramatic story unfold that you've played all game to see, it really feels like a waste of time to continue on.

I guess after playing an MMO so seriously as I have with FFXI, it feels like a bit of a waste of time, putting in all that time and effort into leveling characters, getting the best weapons and armor for your characters, reaching the end of the game, only to find it ending, with no more content left to play.

I think for me that's always been the big draw to FFXI, there really is no end, and all the effort you put forth doesn't disappear in 40 hours.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 am 
Maiden of many mules

Lol I just keep buying new PS2 games and just leave them to eat dust, because I don't really get around to play them. I think I have like 25+ ps2 games I never finished since I started to play different MMOs. I just find single player games dull now, I lack the community spirit and being able to chat with people while playing.

But the new games today just seem a bit dull and a lot of focus is on the graphic now which tends to make the storyline a bit shitty. I think FF12 actually is my first FF game that I couldn't get through, I have only managed to play it for like 7 hours. It just doesn't have the charm like the old ff games did (old for me is ff7 -> ff9, never liked ff 5 or 6 ).

I am hoping by buying a Wii that I will regain the interest in playing single player again XD

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 pm 

IGNs: Main: Pimo
Mule: Happyslave
Recently I modded my Wii, so I've been indulging in my ability to have every game evar. Specifically, I borrow No More Heroes from a friend, which I'm loving. Also been playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom (if you don't know, look it up). I've been completely addicted to that game ever since I got it and will probably destroy my classic controller because of it. Also still playing Pokemon. Breeding up a new team that will wreak havoc on the world! *Lightning crash* HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's going to start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm bein' paid. Especially when I'm bein' paid. But eating people alive... when does that get fun?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Derzerb wrote:
I was replaying Front Mission 3 (a Square game for ps1) on epsxe emulator.
"Epsxe + Fraps used to make video."
o0 I had no idea fraps worked with epsxe....so I randomly frapsed this.....

If only he was this easy in XI. Did this today(monday) cause my internets were down for 7hrs, low level/no level up ff8 game lawl, bout 5hrs of game time clocked, mostly spent AP farming/magic drawing...

Quote:
Though one thing I am noticing a trend with these days, is that newer RPG games have their stories climax before the actual final dungeon/confrontation. Then afterward, it just seems like "now just play to finish the game".

Don't remember who said it but they mentioned how the newer rpgs are focused on graphics and fast paced action compared to older turn based rpgs, i agreed with them. But yea that seems to be the trend now.

Edit: guess i'll show this off too, A little something that I play now and then when I'm in the mood for something different.

I know at least one person here knows what this game is...or what it's suppose to be a version of.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
FF8 my favorite Final Fantasy. good characters (Laguna is the best though), great gameplay, story was a little convoluted, awesome musical score.
Didnt know there was that trick with DIabolos.

Is that an actual Sonic game? lol

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:59 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Derzerb wrote:
Is that an actual Sonic game? lol

naw it's an online rhythmic/beat game,the stages(beatmaps) are made/edited by the player community and just out there to download.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:55 am 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
if I'm not mistaken, that looks like a variation of Ouendan (think they made one for NA release called Elite Beat Agents) minus the ridiculous things going on in the background lol

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:20 pm 
Maiden of many mules

Started to play Bejeweled 2 and Jewel Quest again :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:22 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Fraps-ed another Playstation 1 game that I like. Just included a snipet of the mission, since its a long one.

I actually have the image of this game on our server, so if you want the link to download it, give me a PM.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next