-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm 

I am guessing convert subbed will be a 2hp:1mp, 1.5:1 ratio, double recast timer or something nerfed like that.
War/nin seems like it'd be getting a nice boost from Innin and DW III.
... Makes me wish I still had my war. lol
Yonin for pld/nin tanking is a nice plus. Although I remember paladins hitting enmity cap easily anyway back in 2007 >.>
/war also getting aggressor is pretty hot.

Seems some jobs seem pretty worthless as a sj now, just like back then.
/smn /bst /drg /pup /cor /brd were all pretty disappointing.
Then again all pet classes in ffxi were disappointing :(.

I hope 14 has better luck with a bst style class. I enjoyed the class and would have loved to get it to level cap, but it wasn't useful (bst in sea was a joke) and sucked in pvp big time.

Oh well, list still seems interesting lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm 

According to my maths, a non-rdm casting refresh on themselves (see: no composure), will return 10mp/MINUTE more than a non sch sublimating themselves, given they have at least 880hp. Sub charges for 5.5 minutes, then activates granting 220mp, then 30 second cooldown makes 220mp/6minutes.
refresh casts on self returning 180mp/3 minutes, minus 40mp casting cost, repeated at minute 3 and ending at 6 minutes.

180+180-40-40=280mp/6minutes

difference is 280-220=60mp/6minutes, 10mp/m, or one half mp/tic

Sublimation's efficency fudges back and forth with your max HP. The higher the HP the slightly more efficent it is. All this ignores 2 things, cast time for refresh x2, and casting of stoneskin and the MP cost of stoneskin, assuming it is castable (whm/sch in theory).

In any case, I stand by that /sch sublimation is roughly as effective as refresh.

I don't actually know what the argument is anymore though. a sch main will be better off using sub, a rdm main will be better off using refresh. if we're talking about other mages, blm will still get more use out of rdm because of grav/stoneskin/etc. The better sub for a whm main is the only thing I can think of that this would apply to. And at that point, we're talking about the benefit of light arts versus convert and ability to refresh the pld/brd. That choice is clear I think.

Now what would be interesting I think is brd/rdm, and or brd/sch. light/dark arts still giving a B+ skill would make for some interesting support casting. But brd/rdm being able to supply a 6mp/tic refresh on their own is mighty powerful. With that in mind rdm will need a mighty potent refresh to stay useful as a party support role.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 pm 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
who knows where red will go... They might even get to front line :o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

I've BEEN on the front line. <.<

That said, it is not unreasonable to expect to see more stuff that would be along the lines of the previous red mage update. While the second enspell line left much to be desired, Composure was good stuff. The real question is regarding what sort of fighting equipment will be available to red mage aside from customized stuff from the current three mini-expansions set up for that.