-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:49 am 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

I will, after I get my thing notarized and put in the mailbox.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:52 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

My account was given back to me. Now, before I try logging in again, I'd like to know if anyone has any idea as to what bugs I might be looking for to root out of my system, particularly with what was associated with the latest FFXIclopedia infection.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

IGNs: Maiyuu, Iamhomeless, Tofumuncher, Ayvera, Smurfypimp
BLM, RDM, BST 75
BRD 49, WHM 41, and more misc lvled jobs
HOLY CRAP!? So there WAS a FFXIclopedia infection!?!?!? I knew there had to be! Ever since I started using it again, my comp had been infected w/ viruses, worms, trojans, root-kits, etc.... It took avast, AVG, norton, hijack this, superanti-spyware, AND malware-bytes to get rid of all 126+ infections. (even IN boot-time scan and safemode or w/e) Poor tarupalooza was at my comp for DAYS trying to figure it out. I sent an e-mail to ffxiclopedia about my situation, since it seem to ONLY happen once I opened that site...but I have not gotten a response back..and it's been about 1-2 months.

wow..I feel lucky..but at the same time...scared to death. I don't have one of those 9.99 password token thingys. I'm SO glad you got your character back Deed :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

I got my ACCOUNT back. I don't know the status of my characters. All I know is the bastard transferred me to Sylph, as per what one of my friends told me from what they saw in POL, which I can believe with my $25 charge on my credit card bill instead of the usual $15. Likely all my gil and sellable items are gone, as this appears to be standard RMT tactics.

But yes, a little over a week after my hacking, my other LS forum posted a warning about FFXIclopedia being infected again. Take caution when going there, if you so choose.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:35 am 
Maiden of many mules

:( poor deed *hugs*

Can't SE reroll your character or is that not possible when you were moved to another server?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:29 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

I know they can do something. Thing is, I haven't tried logging back in yet since they gave me my new temporary password to find out just how much of my stuff is missing. I want to know what bugs to look for before I do.

*snuggles Ethykins*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:56 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Okay, dug out what I could find, and went ahead and logged into POL, though I won't be reactivating my content IDs until March 2. The bastard annihilated my friend list. Any formerly on my friend list that recieve anything from me today is a result of having read messages still saved on my hard drive.

If anybody sees my Phyreesister or Alisagekitten on POL again, please let her know to find me. <.>

Now, on a side note, whoever did this wasn't very smart. While he did not change my name, he did leave behind the address to his base of operations, phone number, and email address.

Does anybody here know how I might be able to use this to apply a little retributive justice on him and whatever organization might be behind him?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:30 pm 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Deedlitchan wrote:
Now, on a side note, whoever did this wasn't very smart. While he did not change my name, he did leave behind the address to his base of operations, phone number, and email address.

Does anybody here know how I might be able to use this to apply a little retributive justice on him and whatever organization might be behind him?

Nothing that can be considered legal, lol. I'm out of the "revenge as sport" game anyway... life's too damn short.

Sorry to hear about the hacking though; I'd be absolutely livid if it ever happened to me, but you handled it well I think. *hugs* ;)

Thanks for the tip on FFXIclopedia infection; deleted that bookmark/link with the quickness. With all that's been going on lately I'm sure as hell not in the mood to deal with that kinda crap.

-Ali

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm 

deed email me that info. im more then happy to casue a few issues. i have had my entire lab run LOIC before ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 am 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Vitamin A, I might not be able to get him on hacking an online game account, but I might be able to hammer him on a credit card fraud charge since he used mine to pay to send my main to Sylph without my expressed permission. All the better if a monkey wrench is thrown in his operation to inhibit it happening to others.