-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm 
The Eventress

Quote:

We’re excited to announce that Episode 150 will feature Robert Peeler from the community relations team at Square Enix! We’ll be discussing how Robert came to be in this amazing position just like we did with Matt Hilton on our two year anniversary episode.

But it doesn’t stop there! We’ll also be joined by Ganiman from FFXIclopedia to talk about what we believe to be the most important aspect of Final Fantasy XI. The community.

We’ll be having a round table discussion on global support, community sites, the teams future plans as well as have a special giveaway! The community team wants to hear what you have to say! We’re asking for e-mails with ideas, suggestions and comments about community events such as the art contests, fan site contests or the Final Fantasy XI Newsletter, or anything else that involves the player community. We also want to hear about your greatest memories of community events.

Grand Prize:
Shadow Lord Statue

4 Runners Up:
FFXI Piano Collections CD

We’ll read our favorites on the episode and some lucky listener’s will receive some really great prizes! Please send all e-mails to the address below before April 25th.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:22 pm 
The Eventress

Here is my entry!

Quote:
Hey there PFA, and a special Hello to Robert Peeler!

I've got an idea for a potential event for you, I hope you like it, I've put a lot of thought into it!

*Qiqirn Espionage: The search for Clink-Clink!

The never ending search for "shiny clink-clink" has lead the Qiqirn all the way to the main land, and they have thier eyes set on the shiny treasures held within the coffers of each of the 3 nations!

There's only one problem... they can't infiltrate the security to reach it!

The Qiqirn don't know much about the main land cities, and that's where you come in!

The Qiqirn are looking for brave adventurers like you to infiltrate the ranks of the city guards and gather information for them. In exchange for the information you gather, you'll be rewarded with authentic Qiqirn gadgets!

Seek out the Qiqirn Scouts in each of the 3 nations located at ...

*Listing of Scout Locations and Event times*

*The Event:
Each Qiqirn Scout will have 2 super secret missions for you to take!

1 - Espionage - Use secret Qiqirn disguise techniques to infiltrate the ranks of the city guards to learn the whereabouts of the treasure coffers!

Espionage would have the adventurer speak to a Qiqirn Scout to be granted a costume effect. This would transform the adventurer into a "guard" costume, this would change dependant on the nation.

They would follow the guards that roam the city and gain their trust by acting out a series of emotes when presented with random dialog from the NPC guards. If at any point you use the wrong emote, or fail to enter an emote, you will be caught and loose your costume effect. After a time has passed with entering successful emotes, you will gain the trust of the guard, and he will reveal secret information about the nations treasure location to the adventurer.

At least 5 bits of information are required for the minimum prize, and up to a maximum of 10. The more information you gather before returning to the Qiqirn Scout, the better your prize!

Rewards:
10 bits of Information: Qiqirn Spy Glasses, RA/EX Black Sunglasses with 3 minute enchantment of "Flee". This would have unlimited charges to be used a maximum of once per hour. *This effect would be similar to quickening in that you would loose the effect when attacking a target, or by being attacked by a target.
5-9 bits of Information: Qiqirn Cloak, a RA/EX cape item that transforms you into a Qiqirn. This would have unlimited charges to be used once every 24 hours.
Repeat Rewards: Maybe 1 or 2 new food items and/or fireworks, Qiqirn seem to love sweet foods and flashy objects. A smokebomb firework would be fitting.

The second event "Reconnaissance" will open up as a selectable option after speaking to the Qiqirn Scout while having a "Qiqirn Spy Glasses" in your inventory.

2 - Reconnaissance - The 3 nations have infiltrated the Qiqirn ranks with spys of their own! Help the Qiqirn Scouts catch them before they discover their plans!

Reconnaissance would have the adventurer speak to a Qiqirn Scout to be granted a costume effect. This would transform the adventurer into a Qiqirn costume.

The costumed adventurer would seek out Qiqirn Spy NPCs that roam the city. When speaking with them, they could either be real Qiqirn which would cause the adventurer to loose their Costume effect, or a guard in disguise. Finding 10 guards without being caught, and returning to the Qiqirn Scout, will earn you a reward!

Rewards:
10 Guards Found: Qiqirn Purfume Ring, a ring item with 99 charges. The ring is RA/EX and cannot be sold or traded. Grants the Effect of Sneak, Invisible, and Deodorize, with a recharge time of 1 minute.
Repeat Rewards: Maybe 1 or 2 new food items and/or fireworks, Qiqirn seem to love sweet foods and flashy objects. A smokebomb firework would be fitting.

So there you have it, I think this event is both fun and rewarding, and would really get the adventurers out to participate!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you like it, and I have to say, it would be an honor to see this make it into the game!

Have a great day!

Katsuko of the Bismarck Server

/cheer.. going for the Shadow Lord statue! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:02 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Good luck, but then again, you don't need luck--Qiqirns are shoogary, infectious fiends that everyone loves.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:40 pm 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
Aidran wrote:
Good luck, but then again, you don't need luck--Qiqirns are shoogary, infectious fiends that everyone loves.

....to mercilessly beat down with baseball bats until dead.

*adopts Crabs and Efts pets and giggles hautily*"

Or the strength to walk away