inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:13 pm 
The Eventress

Arynel wrote:
Katsuko wrote:
Arynel wrote:
Mine arrived today! Gonna use it once, get my satchel and never use it again!

Given the new info, you'd be crazy not to use it!

Isn't the extra 20 seconds at log in worth protecting everything you'd worked so hard on for years?

I'm on Vista, I don't have the security problems you lowly XP users have!!!!!!! :P

For now anyway, I'm sure it won't be long before they come up with something, If they haven't already.

I'm on Vista too btw! /highfive :lol:

Denruki wrote:
Has anyone confirmed that you keep sachel access if you de-activate one time pass token linkage to account?..cause i sorta doubt it...

I read the whole general use/tos crap and it said that first of all once you link a POL ID to your SE ID you can never unlink it, then once you link a Token to it then unlink token that token can never be used again, so that would be wasting 10$ >_>

but anyways as i said before I'm still not buying one of these until all the kinks get worked out of the system, i'm going to buying it for the extra security cause im that paranoid....srsly. *goes back to only websurfing on laptop and purely gaming on desktop*

Yea, someone has already done some testing and the satchel does stay active without the constant use of the token, you only need the token on the first time to activate it, and while you can't unlink your POL ID and SE ID, you can unlink the token.

I don't blame you for being paranoid really, they've proven time and time again that they're very resourceful, and aren't willing to give up. It won't be long until this thing is near mandatory, because once this hits, they're going to become even more ruthless, getting what they can from the people without tokens.

Personally I'll happily be inconvenienced for 20-30 seconds to ensure the safety of 6 years of my time and hard work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:47 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Quote:
I'm on Vista, I don't have the security problems you lowly XP users have!!!!!!!

I'll take my ease of use with XP and make up the security deficiency with several layers of security software installed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:50 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
My Vista can kick your XP's ass! Also my Vista is an honor roll student! *bumper sticker*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:58 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

No, that would be your computer's hardware. If I were to downgrade to Vista, I'd be limited to what I could do since my machine is limited to a measly 2 gigs of RAM. I wouldn't dare run Vista with less than 3.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Has anyone else received a lot of spam after signing up for a SquareEnix account (required to register your security token)? I went from having one spam mail every month or so, to waking up this morning and finding 47 trash emails. The latest thing I used my email for was to sign up for a POL account; haven't signed up for anything else before that in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
o gawd, i always thought 1 email was annoying cause of the flashy icon in topright corner that shows up ingame, i always logged off just to get mail and get rid of it -_- always hated that icon. Looks like its post-it on compscreen time lawl. But thats quite interesting i use to think they'd just randomly spam numbered email like x00000001@ pol.com.....x0023194123@ pol.com and so on but seems like SE account made it easier to find the right ones >_>...(note haven't linked SE account to Pol account yet....now don't want to)

on another note
I get spam from 40 years in the future