-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:49 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
I wasn't going to buy TCP until I heard about the gear, so in my case, i AM buying it just for the gear. The content is just a nice bonus.

It's just a slippery slope. I don't want to have to pay Real world money for in game items or buffs when I pay a subscription already (and i'm not talking about expansions, and TCP is an exception). Hopefully this is just a one time thing, and SE just put these two together to get EVERYONE to buy the new security thing. Then I can understand it, it makes sense. But if this is a sign of what is to come I'm not happy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:17 pm 
Maiden of many mules

SE is actually just following a trend that's going on. There is a few MMORPGs where you can buy in game currency, gear and other in game bonus for real money - but it's your choice if you want to buy or not. Personally I like the idea, I think it's nice to be able to wear some sort of gear not many players have and stand out a bit :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:31 pm 

Ethy wrote:
SE is actually just following a trend that's going on. There is a few MMORPGs where you can buy in game currency, gear and other in game bonus for real money - but it's your choice if you want to buy or not. Personally I like the idea, I think it's nice to be able to wear some sort of gear not many players have and stand out a bit :)

That trend usually goes along with it being a free to play MMO though.
The idea being we're already paying to play, so why should we have to pay more to get content already in the game.

Free to play MMOs with cash markets are great if they are done right, but even at that, they are almost universally less serious of games than FFXI. If square let us buy gill directly from them, it would kill RMT, but it would still cause outrage in the playerbase. As much as I'd like to drop a few bucks for an anniversary ring every week, it's disruptive to the game at this point.
There's no reason my $13 a month can't cover my account security, and after that, what we're left with is SE saying "pay $10 for more inventory. An Issue we're fully aware of and we ought to fix, but instead we're going to whore you out for all you're worth."

That's my opinion anyway. I don't plan on buying this in the near future, because I'm not stupid with my internet activity, and only main one job. maintaining shitty inventory management for years is a great way to get people with more than one job to suddenly drop their hard earned money on a fix, but that's a shady business move in my book.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 am 
Maiden of many mules

I don't really see the issue with buying the Token, maybe it's because I am not even buying the token for the extra space lol - I am buying it for security - the extra space just means I can cut off a mule on my account. Saves me a $1 each month , $12 a year, so I guess the token saves me money in the end...

But yeah I guess it's a bit unfair that not everyone gets the access to the "free space" and maybe SE should have picked some other in game bonus instead